DVSA Accessibility Statement:
The DVSA and Pearson VUE have made a commitment to make this website accessible for all users. The website complies with recognized accessibility standards and has been built to conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Standards and Compliance:
- All pages on this site were developed to align with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards.
- All pages on this site use structure semantic markup. H1 tags align with page titles, H2 tags are used for sub titles within the page and H3 headings are used for sub titles within H2s.
- Skip Navigation is also leveraged on each page to allow users to skip to the main page content.
This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout. Users can change the style sheets in their browsers to make viewing easier for their individual requirements. All pages on this site use structure semantic markup. This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text-size” option in visual browsers. If your browser or browsing device does not support CSS at all, the content of the page should still be readable.
Web pages on this website include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation
- A side bar for “My Account” features and help
- A main content area
When CSS is not applied to the document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
All images on this site have alt attributes and the page content should be usable with images disabled.
Many links on the site have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail except in cases when the text of the link already describes the target. Links should be written to make sense out of context, and the first link in every document is “Skip to main content” which skips directly to the main page content. Keyboard users are also able to tab through the target link in all Pearson VUE supported browsers.
- JAWS a screen reader for windows.
- WAVE Tool bar